Graeme Jones commenced with the Tasmania Fire Service as one of the founding members of the Ridgley Fire Brigade in 1978. In 1991 he was appointed as 2nd Officer - a position he held for six years.
Graeme has held various positions during his career, and makes a valuable contribution to many initiatives, including:
• Current Fire Permit Officer
• Member of the Tasmania Volunteer Association from 2003-2016, including a period as a member of the State Council for several years.
• North-West representative in the development of the Statewide Junior and Cadet Program in 2012, instrumental in establishing the program.
• Long serving committee member of the North-West Family Fun Day which is now entering its 50th year – committed to the Junior and Cadet Program
• Long standing member of the TFS Museum Society – with a passion for restoring decommissioned TFS vehicle.
• Member of the newly formed North-West Regional Logistics Support Brigade - instrumental in helping this Brigade to become operational.